Position Description: President Elect, Amador County Branch, AAUW
Overview of the position: To assist the President and become acquainted with the duties and responsibilities of the presidency in order to assume that position the following term.
- Assume the duties of the President in the absence or inability of the President to serve.
- Become branch President if the current President is unable to complete a term of office.
- Serve on the branch board of directors as a voting member and other committees as assigned.
- Attend branch general meetings and all important community forums, and fund-raising activities.
- Become familiar with the branch bylaws and policies and procedures, branch elected and appointed officer responsibilities, and fundamental Association and state programs (Education Foundation, Legal Advocacy, Educational Equity, International).
- Make a written report of your activities to the President at end of the fiscal year.
- Provide an orientation for your successor.
Specific responsibilities to the state AAUW
Adhere to all state policies and procedures. Make an effort to attend the AAUW State Convention.
Specific responsibilities to the national
Adhere to all Association policies and procedures.