Appointed Position Description: Tech Trek Coordinator,
Amador County Branch, AAUW
Overview of the position: Supervises the selection and registration of the branch Tech Trek girls. Acts as liaison between the branch and the director of the local Tech Trek camp.
- Serve on the branch board of directors.
- Follow the uniform selection process set forth by AAUW-CA.
- Update annually the Tech Trek information on the branch website.
- Communicate with all the seventh-grade math and science teachers in Amador County, encouraging them to nominate girls for Tech Trek; make sure teachers are aware of the qualities of a successful camper.
- Establish a committee of three or four. Members to serve a maximum of three years, with membership staggered so that some experienced members remain on the committee.
- Review procedures for scoring and interviewing with committee, review applications and essays.
- Contact applicants to set up interviews.
- Lead interview sessions and subsequent candidate selection process.
- Notify all applicants of the scholarship selection results.
- Submit names of selected campers to the camp director by April 15.
- Insure that parent/guardian signs media release for recipients.
- Write article for Gold Filings with information on campers.
- Request Treasurer to send camp fees to state Tech Trek.
- Invite and introduce Tech Trek scholarship recipients and guests to the Funds award event; provide appropriate information to the Funds Chair.
- Contact campers after camp to get feedback from them.
- Invite recent campers to report on their camp experiences.
- Track prior branch campers.
- The chairs of all scholarship committees will meet periodically to share resources to insure uniform procedures to the extent possible.
Available resources: Annual packet from AAUW-CA, AAUW-CA website
Approved November 17, 2011