Position Description: Program Vice President Amador County Branch, AAUW
Overview of position: Assist branch officers in advocating for all women and girls through the development and implementation of programs and other projects that promote education and equity.
- Serve on the branch board of directors and other committees as assigned.
- Organize a branch program committee to help plan and implement programs for the AAUW general meetings and collaborate on other education and equity projects.
- Evaluate, with the help of the program committee, previous branch programs in order to determine current program interests and needs.
- Develop a program action plan, making adaptations to meet branch needs, strengths and resources. Choose meeting sites and make necessary arrangements with site contact personnel. Recruit Program Leads and educate them, as needed, to better enable them to assume the lead responsibility for selected programs. (NOTE: The E. F. Vice President serves as the program lead for the E. F. and scholarship awards program.)
- Advise and assist Program Leads, as needed to coordinate logistics, sound system and publicity.
- Work in concert with the Hospitality Chair, Public Relations Chair, Newsletter Editor, Web Mistress, Phone Tree Chair and, as appropriate, Program Leads to get out the word about programs and activities.
- Welcome and assist any reporter, who may attend a program, with photo sessions/interviews. May designate another member to fill that role.
- Ensure that the national and state AAUW program priorities are included in the Amador Branch programs.
- Take advantage of AAUW state and national program resources and share that information with the branch board and membership.
- Form coalitions with other groups to promote AAUW’s program priorities.
- Provide input into the annual Branch budget development to insure adequate/realistic funding for branch programs.
- Submit a written report to the President at the end of the fiscal year.
- Provide an orientation for your successor.
Attendance in the state conventions, regional conferences and the AAUW national convention is encouraged.
Responsibilities to the state AAUW: Maintain regular contact with the state program vice president to receive and share information about AAUW programs.
Responsibilities to the National Association: Inform the Association Program Department of branch program efforts. Encourage members to complete the every-member survey to help set AAUW’s program priorities.
Available Resources: Past branch Program Vice Presidents, the staff of the AAUW Board of Directors (regional directors), Diversity Resource Team, Education and Equity: Choices for a Changing World program portfolio, membership campaign materials, 5-star materials, AAUW in Action, Leadership Tool Kit, Diversity Tool Kit, and AAUW websites www.aauw.org and www.aauw-ca.org.
Board Approved Revision 11/20/08, 1/15/09