Appointed Position Description: Hospitality Chair, Amador County Branch, AAUW
Overview of the Position: Provide refreshments and supplies to help create a welcoming and comfortable environment at selected meetings and events.
- Serve as a member of the AAUW Amador Branch Board
- Consult with the Chair of programs/events to determine Hospitality needs. Programs/events may include but are not limited to: Home Tour Tea, College On Track Program, Ice Cream Social, Christmas Party, Forums, etc.
- Make Hospitality arrangements as necessary and provide for set up/clean up/baking/purchasing tasks or recruit assistance from the Board and general membership
- Purchase Hospitality supplies for programs/events taking into account cost and environmental impact
- Store/make arrangements to store Hospitality equipment/supplies
- Develop/maintain resource notes to assist future Hospitality Chairs
- Participate in the branch budget development process to ensure adequate funds are in the budget for Hospitality expenses, taking into account the prior years’ expenditures and activities
- Meet with newly appointed Hospitality Chair(s) to transfer information and existing records at AAUW year end
Board approved 1/17/08