We are the AAUW Amador, California Branch, chartered in the spring of 1969, and are an active group of women with diverse interests and talents. Opportunities abound for members to play an active role in the many facets of our Branch: joining an interest group, working on programs, serving on the home tour or scholarship committees, or accepting a position on the board.
AMADOR BRANCH ANNUAL MEETING
SATURDAY JUNE 18 AT 11:00 AM
Our Branch Annual Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, June 18 at 11:am in the Jackson View Clubhouse, 108 Nicolas Court, Jackson.
We have an exciting meeting planned! Here are some highlights:
- Lunch— a potluck with delicious salads and desserts provided by our members (bring your favorite to share)
- Announcement of our 2022 Funds Honoree (a surprise with the identity known only to the Funds Committee)
- Presentation of certificates to our college scholarship awardees
- Voting on our new leadership team and next year’s budget
- Presentations about this year’s activities
- Discussion of the results of the Branch planning process to date with a more formal strategic plan developed over the summer and fall
- Suggestions from the floor
- Time to mingle and enjoy visiting with old friends and new members.
Please see my email dated May 19 for an announcement of the meeting which includes the proposed budget, the slate of Leadership Committee nominees, a list of appointed positions, and the draft agenda.
I hope you will all be at the meeting to cast your ballots for our 2022-2023 budget and our slate of officers. If you have questions or a subject for discussion, please let me know.
AAUW Amador is not hosting a Home Tour this year, but we still will provide scholarship opportunities for Amador County girls and women. If you would like to make a contribution to our Scholarship Fund through Amador Community Foundation, click on the DONATE BUTTON below. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible.
American Association of University Women
AAUW is a national organization whose mission is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research
Membership is open to all graduates who hold an associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.