Position Description: AAUW Funds Vice President,
Amador County Branch, AAUW
Overview of the position: Promote the various AAUW Funds, including the AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF).
Overall responsibilities: The AAUW Funds mission is to provide educational opportunities and equity for women and girls through research, and to support AAUW fellowships and grants programs. This includes promoting awareness of the Legal Advocacy Fund’s goal of achieving equity for women in higher education and the workplace. The VP Funds oversees appropriate activities in the branch and the community to support this mission.
- Serve on the Branch Board of Directors as a voting member and other committees as assigned.
- Ensure that the Branch budget reflects established Funds contributions to AAUW State and National.
- Coordinate with Branch treasurer to submit all branch and individual contributions and associated paperwork including, but not limited to, AAUW Funds and LAF assessments, AAUW Funds individual donations, and annual branch donations to AAUW National.
- Organize the May Funds event to honor the Branch scholarship recipients.
- Convene a committee of AAUW Board members and/or past Funds named honorees to determine the new gift honoree (s). Submit this name to AAUW CA in a timely manner.
- Inform Branch officers and membership via the Gold Filings, Branch website and board meetings of the various grants, fellowships and LAF legal cases that are supported by AAUW Funds.
- Review and update AAUW Amador Funds section of the Branch website as necessary.
- Provide a written report of your activities to the Board at the end of the fiscal year.
- Provide an orientation for your successor, including updating the Branch AAUW Funds timeline.
Specific responsibilities to the AAUW State: Maintain regular contact with State Funds.
Specific responsibilities to AAUW National: Coordinate with Branch Treasurer to adhere to Foundation contribution deadlines, fiscal management policies, and charitable tax laws.