In 2009, the various AAUW funds we support were organized into a structure called AAUW Funds. No longer called the Educational Foundation (EF), those funds providing educational opportunities and equity for women and girls through research and support of fellowship and grants programs are all included in AAUW Funds.
The cornerstone of these Funds has always been the remarkable energy and commitment of AAUW members, other individuals, corporations, and foundations that make contributions and help raise money for this work. Each year t he AAUW Amador Branch makes a contribution to AAUW state and national Funds. This contribution is derived from profits from our Home Tour as part of our mission to provide education and opportunities for women. As a branch member you can also make a direct contribution either as an unrestricted gift to AAUW Funds (#9110) or to a specific fund or program. An unrestricted gift provides general support to AAUW and can be used where it is most needed for charitable programs. Gifts to all funds are tax deductable. The following are the funds you can support either specifically or as an unrestricted gift:
- The Legal Advocacy Fund (#3999) supports the protection of the legal rights of those who are facing discrimination.
- The Educational Opportunities Fund (#4336) supports educational and lifelong learning opportunities that give women a chance for a lifetime of success. It is the world’s largest source of funding for graduate women. The Fund also supplies money for undergraduate scholarships and for community projects.
- The Public Policy Fund (#4337) supports advocacy for public policies and laws that are fair to women.
- The Eleanor Roosevelt Fund (#9170) supports AAUW research to provide analysis, data, and accurate information about issues that are important to women and girls.
- The Leadership Programs Fund (#4339) supports programs that develop women’s potential to lead in their schools, communities, and country.
For more information on donating to AAUW Funds, contact Sandee Bowman, Branch President, or visit the AAUW National (https://ww2.aauw.org/donate-gift/) or California (http://www.aauwcaonline.org/about/aauwfunds/) website.